Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Texas ramblings



Life in East Texas. I had posted an article on Billy Graham earlier tonight...for which I ALREADY had two comments...only to check things out on Snopes and find that part of it was not true! So I have deleted the article. Sorry.


Life in East Texas has been SO busy....since I last posted on Feb. 17th. Since then we have been to Denver and back to watch the Faith Christian High School boys and girls basketball teams make it all the way to State and be defeated in the semifinals...very disappointing- But..we did get to see many, many friends and family and for that we are grateful.


We are back home- looking forward to spring...a beautiful time of year here.


Lisa has helped me out with some pictures! The redbuds are decorating the landscapes all along the highways and are so beautiful...as are the Bradford Pears...and my favorite birds are back...

Next week we look forward to welcoming back the hummingbirds.

We have been so blessed to be able to see our kids and grandkids so much this past month.

I got to attend the Beth Moore simulcast in Tyler several weeks a go where she spoke on Getting out of the Pit". I have been tremendously blessed and stretched through her Bible Study on Daniel. It is sad that there are only 4 lessons left! I have loved this study!

Dave is constantly working on.."things"- water lines...his shop..etc. and right now is overseeing the "boat dock" construction. We hope to have a boat house and dock in a few weeks now.

Our sons have been busy with Teen Mania- all being in San Francisco last weekend for "BattleCry". See Teenmania.org and go on the Battlecry link so see details. We will be going to Detroit with them in April to experience this...we are looking forward to that!

This is NOT one of our grandkids...but the picture is priceless. Don't you love the expression on the dog?

4 comments:

kaybee said...

When I first heard this report, I was thrilled, and sent it off via e-mail to as many friends as I could. Only to discover later that it was a hoax. That's why we never saw it in any news report. Don't ask me why anyone would want to do something like that -- guess they just don't have anything better to do with their time; something like spammers and hackers, I guess. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I guess we could just see Billy doing something like that - that's why it's so believable.

kaybee said...

Here's the info I received, by the way:

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in our
ministry.

The forwarded article recapping the Celebration of Hope in New Orleans
is not true. It came out shortly after the Celebration concluded, and
we're unsure of the origin. However, it is making its way through the
world of blogs and forwarded e-mails.

For accurate news from the Celebration of Hope, visit
://www.billygraham.org/DMag_PI_Article_Index.asp?IssueID=80.

Thanks again for your e-mail. We hope this answer has been helpful.
Please contact us with any further questions. It is our pleasure to
assist you.

God bless you,
D.Leppert
Webmaster

Lisa H said...

Yay! You're back online! :) I'm glad we got to see you guys this weekend--it was fun and relaxing! Sam was so refreshed after fishing that short time on Sunday. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Mary Beth,
Thank you for your post! I love hearing about how things are there in Texas and I LOVE looking at all your photos. I thought for a minute that the little boy with the dog was little Brian until I read it was not your grandchild! He looked like little Brian! We miss you guys so much and we miss Brian and Amy too. So glad our pathes crossed in Orlando! We consider you guys great friends. Come visit us sometime here on the Emerald Coast! You are welcome anytime! Love ya!