Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 18, 2006

Rain in East Texas!

Yes, I should have taken a picture of it! It was only an inch but the first rain of almost all summer. The lake here is the lowest in it's history!
Sam and Lisa and Jon and Kelly and families have been gone for a week lying on the beaches of the Gulf Coast. So...no new work on Dave's shed.
This weekend we attended a fun birthday party for Josiah at the S. house. It was a fishing tournament on their pond and attended by cousins Cole, Ash and Jay and another family with 8 children. They caught several fish and really had a great time. I tried to get there with my camera but couldn't climb under the barbed wire fence!
Not much else new here.
Read an interesting book, The Maker's Diet...anyone read it? What do you think?
I hope to have pictures of more building progress later this week.
We are LOVING the cooler temperatures! It was only about 88 today and felt SO good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter Alicia lives by the makers diet or at least tries to. Her boyfriends family as had health issues and they live very much organic for this reason and it has helped tremendously. Alicia is trying to help us change our way of eating since her move back from TM. I must admit we can use some help. I have a copy of the book and need to read it. I've been plugging along on Joyce Meyer's book "Look Great, Feel Great" and learning much from that.

Beth said...

I'm loving this weather too. It feels so good to be outside!