Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Technology ....and the shed-edited

After my long absence I had hoped to just get on the internet today and update. Well, now - 5 hours later….I am on the internet finally but on my laptop. I couldn’t log on to the web on out desktop, so after literally HOURS of tech support with Earthlink…they have determined that it is my computer…I can log on …get e-mail- but can’t get Internet Explorer to come up. They say I have to find someone who knows how to reinstall Internet Explorer as my browser! HELP!!! How do I do this? Jon??? Val??? Anyone????

Okay...I just uploaded a picture but where is it???? and now I click on the add image and nothing...I feel like there is a tech curse on this house. We can't get our t.v. in the bedroom working either.
Our pastor talked about his frustrations with computers this a.m. and I thought...too bad he doesn't know how to use it!!!! Oh Father, forgive me for judging this man...I thought I knew a few things...I know nothing!
Okay...20 min. to upload one picture...I published then came back to edit...and...I think I'll wait until tomorrow and go to town tomorrow and use the wi-fi at Dairy Queen. Goodnight.
Okay. here we are at Dairy Queen! Here is what it looked like with half the trusses in place.. Sam and his intern, Matt, worked on the roof, Dave worked on the ground handing up things, cutting, etc.
Trusses all up!

That was quick! Sam and Matt still on the roof- the sheeting is complete..this is all Sat. morning. Next...the shingeling. Lisa and the boys arrived about 4- in time to admire the job. Then Jon and Kelly showed up...and here is Jon cooking crab, fresh from Fl!

After dinner we had a rousing game of Wizzard- and then....all quiet on the Lake Fork Front.

5 comments:

Lisa H said...

Thanks for the one picture! I'm sorry you're having such trouble with your computer...that really stinks. It's nice that you have a laptop as a back up! :)

Jan said...

Marybeth, I know firsthand the frustration you are feeling with the computer! Wish Val could just jump in the car and come up and help you fix it....Hopefully Jon can come to your rescue and reinstall the software you need. Hang in there!

Beth said...

I can totally relate. It is my goal to one day fully understand this stuff.

Jan said...

Wow, that shed of Dave's is Huge! What size is it and was does he plan to put in it? The pictures showing the building progress were great. Bet the Florida crab was delicious!!!

Lisa H said...

More pictures, what fun! Did you get your computer fixed? Or are you just living off of your laptop for now?