Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Created to be Dave's help meet

We've been home a week-
It has been QUITE the eventful week- have you ever had one of these days...
On the day before we left to go back to Florida we ordered a hot tub on line from Costco. Now we are home...getting ready for the delivery...so we get out the set up guide we printed out....Dave has questions about the wiring...so he calls the number on the set up guide...the wait is 10 minutes...
Yes, can we help you? No, we don't make that hot tub!
So...we go back to the literature...and discover that it is some set up guide that we got who knows where?
So what hot tub DID we order?
We go to the Costco site- it, of course is no longer on the site. So we call Costco- the wait...10 minutes.
We finally get to talk to a live person anda they tell us how to get to the "cached" web site...
we hang up...go on the Web- via dial up- another 10 minutes.
The information they gave us does not work
Go off the web...call Costco...the wait...10 minutes
They again say that they have tried what they tell us and it works...so it MUST be something we are doing wrong.
We go back on the web...10 minutes via Dial up...
The information STILL does not work.
So...we decided to call the company who manufactured and will be delivering the hot tub.
WE call.....and....a ten minute wait...of course.
The girl there says...I think we make that hot tub but I can't find it on my computer! Please hold.... dial tone.
Call back....WE ae sorry...our office is closed for the day!
In the mean time I go to Google and enter the name of the hot tub and it comes up on the cached site of Costco...so we are able to get the informatin we need.
By this time we are WEARY...so we settle in to watch t.v.
BUt...no picutre. I won't bore you with the details but after 7 or 8 calls to the t.v. manufacturer...Direct T.V. and about 2 hours later...after having gone to the 3rd level tech guy...they say they will have to send someone out- it will be 2 days.
The NEXT day...Dave is working on getting electrical connections set up- but is not working with live wires...but I suddenly hear a LOUD explosion in the living room. Since there is a fire going- and Amy just told me about glass screens exploding- I expect to find glass all over the living room- but...nothing. I remember Dave is working with electricity so I franatically run outside yelling, DAVE! DAVE! expecting to find him lying in a heap at every turn...I check all the places...the garage..the well house...screaming frantically...and then trip and fall face down on the cement patio in back...just then I see him down at the lake...I yell for him to come quickly. As he SAUNTERS up the hill ( I momentarily forget how happy I was that he is ALIVE!) ...I smell electrical burning smells and notice there are NO lights on the DVR...the surround sound or t.v. system.
After much investigation...having an electrician and the Electic company out...we discover that the Surge protector on the t.v. etc. blew...but it seemingly didn't hurt the equipment on it.. but..it also blew 2 other circuits...blowing out a telephone and the computer. We will see how good the surge protector warranties are. It was a most stressful day. The monster surge protector co. is sending out a new unit so until then...no t.v. in the living room...we are relegated to watching t.v. from our bed! ...and using the lap top computer.

This morning in my devotions I began again to ask God what it means for me to be Dave's help meet. I began the day by asking...what can I do for Dave today that will bless him and let him know he is the most important person in my world?
I'll be trying to post more on this topic.
I find it an utter privilege to be a help meet to this man! The most awesome man in my world. I am so very, very blessed! This is a much more relaxed day in Florida when Dave connected with his chicken at the basketball court! That's my man!..

3 comments:

Lisa H said...

I love the picture of Dave with the chicken! He's so funny!

Sorry you guys had so much happening this week--you both handled it with grace.

I think you forgot to mention getting the truck stuck in the woods! :)

Thanks again for lunch yesterday, that was really nice!

Beth said...

You DID handle all of that very well . . . don't think I would of. : )

Anonymous said...

MaryBeth, I just caught up with your blog and it sure seems someone was trying force you into having a rotten attitude and a rotten "welcome home". I think we both know who. Let's both praise God that HE is greater!
You guys never stop amazing me with all your stories. Life is never dull when at your house :)
I'm glad you are both okay. Keep posting, I get such a kick out of reading your life...