Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Seasons of hot tubs







It all started back in 1993- that is when we spent the day- a heartbreaking day for us- as we bid farewell to Amyand Brian as they left for Spain. They were with YWAM and were headed off to school in Spain. And...it just so happens that they took our ONLY grandchild with them! Dave was so very sweet and understanding as I cried and blubbered almost the WHOLE day and many days afterward. We took them to the airport then took the rest of the day off from school to recover. We went to the mall where Dave bought me some new clothes...and then we visited the Hot Tub displays out in the mall. Now you have to understand something about Dave..he HATED hot tubs...I could NEVER get him to go in one at a hotel, etc. But...we ended up buying the hot tub you see in the upper right hand picture. By then it had moved to the second home it would have with us. The great thing is...that Dave LOVED the hot tub! We spent every morning- well almost every morning- VERY few exceptions- for the next 10 years- talking, praying, and enjoying God's creations and creatures. Winters were the best...we were able to watch deer, fox, geese and in the summer golfers on the golf course. That hot tub lived with us to see 8 of our grandchildren enjoy it with us. We left it behind in Denver in 2003 when we moved to Florida.


Our next hot tub in Florida- started out to be a nightmare- we bought it at a Home Show in Daytona Beach from a less than reputable dealer and had real problems actually getting it delivered...but once we got it...it again became a haven for us in the jungle. We didn't think we'd enjoy it much in Florida but were pleasantly surprised that we spent almost just as much time in it as we did in Denver- we were gone from Florida much of the summer so that explains part of that.


Then the move to Texas last year found us once again saying goodbye to our hot tub and we spent almost a year without one. We have really missed it.


Here we are again...with David and family being the first family to enjoy our newest hot tub. This has truly been one of the greatest blessings to our marriage and makes life such fun to wake up and look forward to sitting in the yard with the birds and wonderful sights now of Lake Fork and the trees all around us. We love talking, praying and reminiscing about how God

has blessed us. God is good. Our hot tub is now installed to the left of the house as you see it in the picture. We are so thankful to God for all HE has done for us...MUCH more than hot tubs...This pretty much sums up what we really deserve


"What am I? Well, here is what I am. I am the worst sinner I know. And by the grace of God I am doing better than I deserve. For I deserve the righteous wrath of God because of my sin. I deserve to be punished eternally. But in the mystery of His mercy, God sacrificed and crushed His Son on the Cross--as my substitute--so that I might be forgiven of my sin and know God as my Father rather than my Judge. What am I? I am truly amazed by the grace of God. That's what I am." ~ C.J. Mahaney Together for the Gospel Blog

3 comments:

Lisa H said...

Love all the hot tub pictures! I never knew the hot tubs started with Brian and Amy leaving! Funny how God works, isn't it? :)

Susan said...

Linked on to you from Ginger. Enjoyed reading about the Hot Tub. Never thought about anyone using one for a time with God. That's neat. Beautiful home.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture with the snow. So fun to sit in a tub during the winter.
I forgot that Alicia said you once lived in Denver. My heart hurt reading about your kids moving away as I miss my Texas kids, but know they are where God has placed them.
I am always encouraged by you. You and Dave have such a great relationship and I can only pray that me and my Dave will grow to be where you are at in your marriage. (thus, the seminar this weekend :)
Thanks for sharing such a neat post.