Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My love- Am I a Helpmeet?

Since I wanted this site to be about being a Helpmeet I guess it is high time I write about my husband- the one I have been called to be a helpmeet to! With all the moving- kids moving in with us- helping out with grandkids- etc. it seems that he has taken a back seat more than I would like in the past weeks. I am stopping to ask myself some questions. In doing this I ran across some notes from a seminar I attended a few years back that changed my life. It describes what my love for my husband should look like. Is this how your love for your mate looks???
"My love for my huband is to be characterized by a deep fondness and fervent affection that is only growing and incresing with each passing day. We can so esily get caught up with all of the duties and responsiblilites of marriage that we neglect the pleasure and tenderness of the relationship. Philandros (husband-lover) love is NOT a dutiful kind of love. It is a love filled with enjoyment, pleasure, and warm affection." Carolyn Mahaney, Loving My Husband, Tape 2 in Titus 2 Series.
My question for today. How do I rate my affection toward him?
Is it characterized by fond affection?
Here I sit at the computer while he is out watching "Matlock". I must go now and see how I might serve him!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Matlock vs. blogging . . . these are tough choices.

I'm enjoying your site. David is the one who gets all the action. I'll have to tell him to advertise yours on his.