Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Whatsoever state I am in...

Philippians 4:11 "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
I KNOW that doesn't refer to one of the United States...but for today..I am thinking about moving and moving trucks and how contentment is based in knowing who I am in Jesus!

This is our moving truck that brought us from Florida to Texas last March. I wanted to get a picture of Sam and Lisa's truck that came from Montana to Texas yesterday but was too busy babysitting with Henry, Jonah, Abby, Brian, and Ana and then by the time I got there the truck had come and gone-in just 4 hours! Our kids (David, Beth, ASHLEY AND JONATHAN, Jon, Amy, Brian and their 5 oldest and Sam and Lisa and Dave) and Teen Mania interns got the job done quickly! The only downer to the day was that in the 100 degree heat- the air conditioner at the new house did not work. I think everyone sweat off about 100 lbs. total! They finally got it working about 6 p.m and it was 95 in the house at that time. Sam and family and Dave and I took a break about 6 and went to Cracker Barrel for diner. When Sam and Lisa got home it was down to 85 and cooled off nicely in time for them to sleep. PTL!
Again, we are SO blessed to now have all our children and grandchildren within 30 miles of us. I was reminded yesterday in Psalm 128
"How happy are those who fear the Lord- all who follow his way!...How happy you will be! How rich your life!...May you live to enjoy your grandchildren.:
It is our goal to bring glory to God in all we do. He has so totally blessed us. We give HIM all the praise for His mercy and kindness to us.

1 comment:

Beth said...

. . . and Ashley. She helped too. :)