Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Home in Texas

It is great to be home again...we've been here almost 2 weeks and it has been a whirlwind of activity since we hit the ground in Texas on Dec 2. We've been to Amy, David's and Sam's for dinner...had all 25 of our family here at our house for dinner for Amy's birthday. Then that week I was blessed to be able to share on "The Power of Color...or "Dressing like a Queen for a KING" at the Teen Mania Honor Academy optional girl's meeting. About 50-75 girls came and learned about what "season" of colors they should be wearing to look their best. That day we also went to lunch at Amy's house for JM's 8th birthday party. Then on Sunday we had about 25 of our home group from church here for a pot luck dinner and children's gift exchange. Monday was the day of "THE TEa"..this is an event I've been planning and working on since about October. We had about 40 ladies from church here last night for a "Celebration of Joy" high tea. We couldn't have done it without the help from my cousin, Larry and his wife Sue, Dave, Amy and girls and a few girls from church who served. Sue and I worked ALL day on setting tables and baking everything from breads to scones and desserts and sandwich fillings. It was all served beautifully by our "serving staff" to the accompaniement of Christmas Carols played by the string trio of the 3 oldest of Amy's girls. It was beautiful! Dave had decorated the outside of the house with lights and lined the long drive with luminarians- it really looked nice. Everyone really enjoyed it...I don't think most of these ladies in east TX have been to many "high teas" and they felt honored. I was blessed!
We've loved spending time with our kids and grandkids- and are looking forward to this week when we get to babysit for the S. "8" while their parent go on a cruise! They will be here for a week and their mom and dad will return just in time for Christmas. We hope to have the whole family out here for Christmas day...then just 4 more days and we'll be returning to Florida. So goes life here in East Texas.
Oh yes...the tag game...I was tagged by Lisa...having to name 5 things people don't know about me.
Well, my life is an open book so there isn't much that is not known and absolutely NOTHING of any interest! so....her goes..
1. I really enjoy cooking and miss not being able to do that much any more since we are always on a diet! I love it when all the family comes and I can cook!
2. I enjoy sitting at the computer and writing and sending e-mails. I am the self appointed "secretary" for my highschool class of 1959 and keep everyone abreast of current events in families. We are currently sharing "Christmas letters".
3. I love to read...but never read in high school and had to "fake" most of my book reports. My favorite authors are Karen Kingsbury and Francine Rivers.
4. I enjoy riding bikes, walking on the beach, and most anything I do with my husband.
5. My most favorite activity with Dave- well, almost the most favorite- is Ballroom Dance!
sooo. My tag goes to Jan Barron- you can catch up with her on my side bar!. Jan...you're it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you again MaryBeth. I always find you so interesting. You have been one busy lady. The "tea" sounded wonderful, wish I could have been there. Enjoy your time with the family while you can. Blessings this holy season to you and the whole Hasz clan. Thanks for sharing:)

Lisa H said...

Hey--you finally blogged! I was wondering if you would accept the tag challenge or not! :) I liked your list. Can't wait to see the outdoor lights on your house!

Beth said...

You make my head spin! I need to take a nap just after reading everything you've been doing!:)

Enjoyed your 5 . . . btw, our kitchen is ALWAYS open if you feel that urge to cook. :)

Jan said...

Sounds like you and Dave have had a busy but wonderful time since arriving home from Florida. I think all of your preparations before your FL trip really paid off. How wonderful that you can enjoy having the S. grandkids for a whole week. I'm convinced that both of you must really be at least 20 years younger than you say you are based on active you are and how you seem to thrive on it! As for me, I'm feeling much to old to play "tag"!!!!