Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Dave


Today much of our family gathered to celebrate Dave's birthday. He is such a blessing to me and I love him so much- this is the 50th year that I have been able to celebrate his birthday...God you are awesome! Kelly was home sick but Jon brought both kids and their lunch. It was a blessing to see him in the role of "dad" and lovingly caring for Matthew and Jordan and all their needs. Sam and Lisa and family and David and Beth and family were all here. All brought things to grill and other sides and did ALL the work! I pretty much sat and watched and was waited on. Lisa and Sam stayed for dinner after the games and Lisa ended up leaving the house spotless! What a gem she is. We were sorry that Amy and family could not be there- not wanting to share their germs- they have most of their family down with various things. Little Brian (6) has pneumonia. They have had quite a week! They want to head south to camp for their spring break but will wait until all are well enough to travel. MAYBE we will see them next Sunday for Easter.
Tomorrow I have the last of my Beth Moore Esther Study. It has been enlightening.
The end of the week I plan to head to Dallas with Kim Yates from Teen Mania and attend a 2 day conference on Restoring the Foundations. I am excited about what the Lord is going to do with that and how He plans to use that in my life and the lives of others He allows me to touch.
Have a good week everyone and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Isn't it fun to celebrate someone you love and adore so much?

I'm so happy for you that most of your family was able to come over. I long for the times when my girls are here even if they are few and far. My Texas marrieds just surprised me and told me they will be home for mother's day, the first time in 9 years!! I'm just a bit excited!!!

Love the photo of you and Dave! It's wonderful!

Have a blessed day and praying for strength and endurance for you to run this race set before you.

You Michigan friend,
Ginger

PS Forget to tell you that Alicia was recently at TM. She got to see David after several years. It was a highlight of her weekend!