Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 11, 2006

Because the Gracious hand of God was upon me

Yesterday I told you about the things that the Hasz men were able to accomplish for Lisa and I through their phone conversations. This morning as I was reading in Nehemiah, the Lord spoke to me and showed me that it was not their wisdom and cleverness that reaped the blessings we were given but…as Nehemiah had asked the king for letters for safe travel and provisions to be given him to go back to Jerusalem to rebuild the wall- this is what the Bible says:
Nehemiah 2:8 “and because the gracious hand of my God was upon me, the king granted my requests.” Therefore, I want to give credit where credit is due for our cushions and so forth that WalMart is going to give us. Thank you GOD that your gracious hand was upon us!


I was asking the Lord again this morning what my purpose is for this time and He reminded me again that I am the helpmeet for Dave. So I went out to the garage and found him sawing lumber for the “cover” over the lakeside patio. I spent the rest of the morning holding the umbrella over him as he worked and getting him tools and drinks and doing whatever he asked of me. What a joy to be where I am supposed to be.

2 comments:

Lisa H said...

Very true. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Love to read your site...what a great reminder today! Keep up the good work.
(I am a mom of one of the girls who has worked under David at TM.)
I love reading blogs and yours has blessed me today!