Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, July 23, 2006

A BUSY Week..

What have we been doing all week? Can anyone appreciate how much time I have to sit at my computer on DIAL UP!!! to download pictures on a Sunday afternoon so YOU can see what we’ve been doing??? I wonder if anyone even cares! Oh well, I entertain myself by playing Free Cell while the pictures download…but just figured out that I could be writing this in WORD while they download! Some of us catch on more slowly.
Anyway- the week- yes, lots of fun and lots of work again in the 10 days of temps over 100 degrees- today, it is COOL- only 93! What a relief! Dave and Sam worked on Sam’s tool “shed” for 2 days- we finished up the sprinkler- Sam and Lisa came and helped Dave get the sprinkler heads all adjusted so now we can water!

They stayed and we play “500”- also played with David and Beth one night at their house- then played again on Thursday night here with Sam, Lisa, Brian (*Lisa’s brother from Montana).

On Sat. we went down to Lindale while Dave helped Sam and Brian again on the “Sam’s shed”-
Lisa, the boys and I went Blue Berry picking- what fun- cloud cover-awesome- That night we celebrated Brian (Lisa’s brother’s) birthday with a birthday dinner attended by David, Jon, and us- (Brian and Amy and family have been sick with stomach flu so we missed them!). It has been a great week with family. Today-the day of rest- we went to church- ate at Paralta’s-washed the car-went to Sulpher Springs for some parts for water system and my sewing room is beckoning me-I am making bedspreads for the bunks in my efforts to redecorate that room. Beth- where are you??? Oh yes- Beth-She is about 3 weeks away from the delivery of her 4th child and our 15th grandbaby! God is so good!

Kelly gave an AWESOME shower for her on Wednesday. I had gone down on Tuesday night to baby-sit for Henry and Jonah so the three of us went over to Kelly’s to “help” her. She was SO organized!!!! The luncheon shower on Wednesday was truly a gourmet’s dream- Beth- also VERY organized- had her thank you notes in the mail the NEXT day!
That is our minor news- in the wake of all that is going on in the middle East- we live in peace as reminded by our Pastor this morning- “Matthew 24:26- When you see all these things occurring- see that you are not frightened!” Knowing that we are HIS and that we are in the center of His will- we go to look forward to each new day- asking HIM how to serve HIM!

2 comments:

Lisa H said...

Loved all the pictures! And I'm very glad you take the time to play freecell and update your blog! I do enjoy reading it! Hope you're resting tonight after such a busy week!

Beth said...

I check everyday too . . . no pressure! :)