Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 31, 2006

Put on Kindness, humbleness of mind

Tomorrow camp begins...I think I am as ready as I am going to be! It reminds me of my teaching days...there was always something more that could be prepared or perfected...you just can't do it all!
I have been seeking the Lord on what kind of spritual truths I can impart to my grandchildren in the days ahead...I seem to be coming back to this theme...kindness.

What is it? Webster's 1828 edition says: Kindness: That temper or disposition which delights in contributing to the happiness of others, which is exercised cheerfully in gratifying their wishes, supplying their wants or alleviating their distresses."

Lord, let me show that kind of kindness to my husband and grandchildren in the next few days...and in all my life! I need the grace of God for this!

Another definition:
"Kindness is shown in a gentle tone of voice and in kind acts. Kindness draws people to us whereas criticism and harshness pushes them away. This shoudl not be a surprise as 'it is the kindness of God that leads us to repentance. "
(Romans 2:40) Martha Peace
I would ask for your prayers in the days ahead that I can show this kind of kindness and be able to teach some aspect of this to the children.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Maybe I need to come to Grandkids camp. I took to heart your words on kindness—I've noticed when I keep having contractions (but no baby) I'm not very kind!