Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Why 'Created to be a Helpmeet?"



Why “Created to be a Helpmeet?”
I celebrated 43 years of being a helpmeet to Dave last month. Over these years I have been a student of the WORD and any other resource I could lay my hands on to be a better wife and helpmeet to Dave. I wish I could say I have it all together and am a model to be followed. All who know me will agree that I am FAR from that. I would like to share along the way some of the things I have learned and am still learning.
I go all the way back to books in the 60’s like, Total Woman by Marabel Morgan (even took the class 2 or 3 times!), and Philosophy of Christian womanhood by Gail Larson all the way to current book like Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Maheny and Biblical Womanhood in the Home edited by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. The Lord has taught me so much over the years…I only wish I had some of the teaching of the past 3 years 40 years a go! My prayer is that some of the things I have learned will be an encouragement to those who read things on this site in your journey of Biblical Womanhood no matter what season of life you are in.
Today I am working out in the yard with Dave on building a wall for our “workshop”. My prayer each morning is, God, how can I best serve and glorify you today and be a helpmeet to Dave? Today it is…working with the heat, spiders and lumber! This is the one we had to attack today! Am I being a helpmeet or am I crazy?

1 comment:

Lisa H said...

I could have done without the close-up of the spider! :)