Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 03, 2006

The Rest if the Story for sure!!!

I can't believe that I wrote the WHOLE blog about David and Jon's birth and just LOST it in trying to add a picture!!! Has that ever happened to anyone! How frustrating.
Anyway- where was I? Oh yes, the castor oil! I took it about 3- Dave got home shortly thereafter- just as I went into labor- so we called the DR-he said come over to the office-just blocks from our home- we did- he said- I'll follow you to the hospital. (He had missed Amy’s birth because I delivered so fast so wasn't taking chances on this one.) WE got there and Dave went to check me in and I went right to delivery-and delivered Jonathan about 10 minutes later! He was smaller than expected at just 6 lbs. 13oz. The DR said, "She is just going to be FAT because she gained so much weight! (This was a constant 'problem' throughout the pregnancy! The DR sewed me up despite the continued hard contractions which he said were just afterbirth. When these did not let up he finally had some of the MANY people in the delivery room- a whole group of student nurses and aid observing a birth for the first time!- he had them put stethoscopes on my belly to try to determine if there MIGHT be a heartbeat- there was none but harder and harder contractions. I was watching Jonathan- in a little clear basket by my side- NO ONE paying any attention to him! I said, "Someone better take care of this baby- I want at least one baby out of this deal!" They assured me that he was fine. The DR. then decided to take OUT the stitches he had just put in and said, 'There is only one way to find out if there IS another...." He had to insert his hand, and arm and felt around and found a baby wedged up under my rib cage- unable to get into the birth canal...and proceeded to pull him out feet first!
He was BLUE, not breathing...so they did a heart massage and stomach suction and he began to cry! David was born weighing just 4 lbs. 13 oz.- a fighter from the get go! Due to the great difference in size and the length of finger nails, etc., the Dr. believed him to be 2 weeks younger than Jon. All this time Dave was checking me in..He JUST got to the father's waiting room when he heard over the loud speaker in there, "Mr. Hasz, come meet your family." As he stepped out into the hall there I lay with a baby under each arm! His comment..."I PRAYED for a boy!but I guess I overdid it!" What a blessing David and Jon have been over these past 38 years. They are both now working together for Teen Mania, whose Mission Statement is," To provoke a young generation to passionately pursue Jesus Christ and to take His life-giving message to the ends of the earth." What a privilege for us to have all our children involved in this ministry. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

1 comment:

Shanygne said...

That is so beautiful!! I am so glad you shared it!