Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 24, 2006

It Just LOOKS Harmless


A boat, a ship, a rug, and various other “nautical” things and one comment from Beth, “What are your going to do with the bunk room?” Well, I THOUGHT I had already “DONE” that room. After all it had pictures and all beds had comforters-ugly though they were. Then Beth added that she had these nautical things that had come out of a room she had done for Jonathan a few years back- and maybe I would like to have them. (I know she was feeling sorry for me that the room was so ugly!)
This is the before picture.
So… I gladly took them and her suggestions- she is a much a better decorator than I! I began shopping for sheets and comforters- and did the almost daily exchanges at Wal-Mart as I chose different things. THEN- Lisa- bless her! She came up with this great idea for the new bunk beds that they got for Henry and Jonah. She got a quilt top and…. The rest is history.

Then there is the sewing room- ripping up the old comforters- making new spreads and trying to figure out a way to use the old comforters but make it less bulky because those bunks were always so hard to make with the full comforter.

This is the new look- not complete- the shams aren’t done- the spread really isn’t all sewn together- this is a work in progress. But you get the idea.

Thanks Beth and Lisa! Another week and I should have the sewing done and maybe get started on shams and pillows and walls and the rest…maybe in time for Grand-kids camp!

2 comments:

Lisa H said...

Very cute, MaryBeth! Can't wait to see it all done--I'm sure it will be adorable!

Beth said...

Can't wait to see the finished room—it's going to be sooo cute!