Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 20, 2008

You are My Hiding Place



Last night we were accorded the fantastic opportunity to attend the Ballet Magnificat's performance of "The Hiding Place". Words cannot describe the beauty and awe inspiring adaptation of this true story to the way the Omega Company, a company of Magnificat Christian ballet dancers, brought this to life on stage. I am SO very sorry that you of Teen Mania in Garden Valley who had the chance to attend this did not take that opportunity. We took my cousin, Larry Snyder and his wife, Sue, with us as they were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. Larry and Sue had helped us once again this year in hosting our Christmas tea and we wanted to bless them with this.




This is Sue on the right and Kelly on the left with Elaine in the middle. Sue had helped me all day (this year AND last..with food preps...I couldn't have done it without her!)

The girls who performed the ballet danced so beautifully and what a joy to see a ballet with no men and girls in beautiful dresses that glorified the Lord. Our hearts were stirred as we relived this story of Hope in the midst of suffering. The girl in the white dress is Betsy, Corrie Ten Boom's sister, dancing before the Lord after she has died in the Concentration Camp of Ravensbrook. It was so beautiful and moving! I hope you enjoy the You Tube clip.

4 comments:

Janell CHRISTine said...

i wish i could've seen that ballet! it is one of my favorite books! watching this makes me want to read it again. :D

Janell CHRISTine said...

i wish i could've seen that ballet! it is one of my favorite books! watching this makes me want to read it again. :D

Anonymous said...

Marybeth, I love this song so much and the clip brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for sharing. I know this would be something I would just love to see. I'm so glad you had the chance to take it in. It is a story you never forget once you've heard it.

Lylah Ledner said...

Hi Marybeth....I was googling You are My Hiding Place to send a u-tube of it to encourage a young woman with cancer - and found your blog. I love the name of your blog, love your heart for His and family and marriage.

On another note: my hubby wrote the song years ago. Here's a few more of his: http://myspace.com/michaelledner
http://myspace.com/michaelsmusings

blessings on you! lylah ledner